Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 4: Starting To Feel Like Home





Well it was another night of little/no sleep :-( so I am utilizing this Shabbat to stay in, relax, and try and get my body back on track. Between the intense humidity, jet lag, and getting my body used to the tap water, this is a really good day and half to just stay in and work on getting my body settled.

Though my body isn't quite settled yet, my room is finally getting there; it is really starting to feel like home! The room is absolutely enormous. My room alone is bigger than most studio apartments, and that doesn't include the other room in the suite and the common areas. I have a beautiful balcony outside my room that overlooks the gorgeous, lush, green grounds that surround the university apartment buildings. I can't wait until it get's cooler (and less humid) so I can enjoy the outside more! Really the only thing that I have left to do is buy some carpets for the room and decorate the walls; once that happens it really will be home. I'm thinking some Israeli flags, pictures of family and friends, and something that has to do with CAL up on the walls will make this place perfect!

Aside from all of that, my one outing today was to the Office Depot right across the street from where I live. I finally bought all of the supplies I'll need for school, including stickers that make my gorgeous new laptop (compliments of my amazing grandparents) trilingual! I can finally type in Arabic without hitting each key to find where the letters are (although I was starting to memorize where they were!). Now I'm back home and don't plan on moving for at least a day. My one challenge will be to not take a nap so that I can go to bed at a decent hour. I'm thinking the 4 hour nap yesterday was probably why I couldn't fall asleep until 4:30 am :-(.

Look for my first Shabbat update tomorrow and שבת שלומ
Jordana Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment