Saturday, January 21, 2012

1/21/12: Control What You Can And The Rest Falls Into Place


I've always been a true believer in Karma and the idea that what you put into the universe, be it good or bad, you get back tenfold. I really like to think that these thoughts help me, everyday, to conduct myself in such ways that help me keep this amazing streak of positive energy I seem to be having. In fact, just today, a friend was asking me if I ever argue or say "no" because I seem so positive and agreeable (my parents are probably rolling on the floor laughing at this point, especially my dad!), but recently I have found that it is so much nicer to just... be nice, easy going, and, most importantly of all, happy.

Realizing that this is easier said then done I really have to thank my dad for this new found personal mantra of mine. He has been drilling into my brain for years this seemingly simple idea of keeping an open mind, focusing on what you have control over, getting done what you need to get done, and limiting, as best as possible, any hindering restrictions. Again, as simple as this sounds, it took me about 23 years to really understand what he meant, and I am only starting to realize how amazing life can be when you worry about what you have control over and let the rest fall into place.

Before this whole "starting a new life" ordeal began, I feel I was focusing on all of the wrong things. Whether it was guys, partying, how I looked, etc. I was always focused on things that brought me more frustration than anything else, and that really is no good way to live. Now, however, I'm focusing on school (and working very hard I might add), travel ambitions, meeting amazing new people, all of which are things I have control over, and things that bring me so much joy and pleasure, and in the meantime the other things are working themselves out beautifully while I am busy enjoying life. I'm not waiting on the things I can't control to make me happy, I'm making myself happy and distracting myself so that when the other things work out it only adds to the beauty of this crazy life of mine! It really is brilliant; make your life enjoyable and then, whether or not the other things work out, at least you will still be having a great time!

Me and my birthday twin enjoying a night out with our MAMES peers! 

Despite the fact that I have a research paper taking up much of my life these days, I'm finding that as long as I budget enough time to dedicate to work then there is no reason I can't play just as hard as I study. It's proved to be a rather good method thus far! As far as everything else goes I still feel more and more blessed with each passing day because of my amazing apartment, my crazy amazing boys (who, for the most part, I will miss terribly while I am home for a month), school, and life in general! Running away from home was the best decision that I have ever made, that is for sure! I leave one week from Wednesday to fly back home to California for a month and as much I will miss Israel I am so excited to be home. I can't wait to see my family and friends who I have missed so much. The 80 degree Palm Springs weather is not going to be too bad either ;-).

Until we meet again ya chaverim <3,
Jordana Simone 

No comments:

Post a Comment