Tuesday, May 8, 2012

5/8/12: Cocktail Parties On A Monday! Hello Adulthood

Morgan's gorgeous spread
Yesterday night my roommate Morgan hosted an amazing little cocktail party at our apartment. I'm not so sure why he chose to have the party on a Monday night but this is Israel and the people here never need an excuse to party on ANY night of the week :-). During the day Morgan prepared all of the food, we cleaned the apartment, and took time to get everything ready for the intimate little gathering. Mo is the food artist in this apartment (as you can see by the picture above), and his spread was just as delicious as it was beautiful.

The master chef 

Mo and Me :-) 

Can't have a cocktail party without the cocktails! 

Amazing fried cheese dish 

Morgan's carrot specialty 

As people started arriving we finished up preparing the apartment and then got to the socializing. I was especially happy because a girlfriend of mine who I haven't seen in quite some time was able to make it, and it was so wonderful seeing her. After about 30 minutes or so the sun began to set and it seemed only appropriate to capitalize on the beauty that was happening outside; in fact, Morgan called for the starting time to be so early so that we could all see the sunset before really getting things started, so naturally pictures had to be taken!

Bisous! 


When said photo shoot was complete we ate delicious food, drank tasty, albeit strong, drinks, and had a wonderful time with amazing people. At one point we all tried to play a game but that didn't exactly go so smoothly due to mild drunkenness and a lack of attention span that was absolutely astounding! It was really a perfect way to start the week, and now that I don't have a paper looming over my head, I was really able to enjoy it and not feel absolutely awful for taking a Monday off from studying :-)

Orlit with the boys 

Mo and Orlit 

Getting the night started :-) 


Benny and Bar <3 


Bar and me 


Game time! 

Stephane being... Stephane 



In other news I have narrowed down a few more paper topics, have contacted advisors for various PhD programs in Tel Aviv and Ramat Gan, have narrowed down when I will start my ulpan, and am narrowing down places I can work when I conclude my master's before the start of my PhD. All in all I would say it has been quite a productive few days! The holiday of Lag Ba'Omer is this Wednesday night so stay tuned for a fun update about the bonfires in Tel Aviv :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment