Wednesday, July 25, 2012

7/25/12: Happy Anniversary And Hello Sisters

Dinner with my Sissies! 

Let me begin by offering apologies for my lack of posting in the last few weeks. Between my sisters arriving in Israel, the continuation of my Ulpan, and the ending of my university studies, things have bee rather busy here in Israel. 

Last Friday my two sisters arrived in Israel and it has been so wonderfully amazing having family close by again. The day that they arrived my roommates and I decided to plan a huge Shabbat dinner filled with family and friends to honor the arrival of both my sisters and Michael's father who arrived the same day and will be in Israel with us for 2 months. We spent the whole day cooking and cleaning, prepared everything we would need for the party, and by 8:30pm everyone began to arrive. It was the first time in a long time that we hosted a big get together and it was the perfect way to welcome Ida and Elana to Israel. The apartment was filled with everyone who means the most to me here and the fact that my sister could meet everyone on her first night was a blessing. The food was delicious (minus a chicken that refused to cook all the way through), the company was amazing, and I couldn't have asked for a better first night for the girls. 

When the party was over and everyone had said their goodbyes my sisters decided to call it an early night due to jet lag, and I established my new night home for the week since both girls needed to be at my place and my bed only sleeps 2 people. Thank goodness I had another home to go to because I'm not sure our couches would be acceptable for a good night's sleep! 

The next few days I had Ulpan in the morning, would come home and be with my sisters in the afternoon and evening, and then would go to Frenchy's at night to sleep. In our first week we went to most of my favorite restaurants around Tel Aviv including the sushi bar near my house, the Burger bar close by, Hashdera 34 which is a very fun, cheap place to eat and drink, and the pizza restaurant that just opened up right down the street. Though we have been doing plenty of cooking, dinners have been reserved for eating out. Now that both girls are fairly settled in the fun Tel Aviv night life will begin which makes me happy that I got so much rest during the week. I will be posting more frequently now so stay tuned for updates on sister adventures every two days or so! 

Sissys! 

At dinner the first night out 

Me and sissy!  
Me and Piz :-) 

The sissys at Sushi 

Enjoying a night out with our friend Sarah! 

In other news, it is with a heavy heart that I announce that my very dear friend Susanna will be leaving Israel in a month or so. It has been the most wonderful thing in the world having her here and I don't know what I will do when she is no longer in the same country as I am, but I will make the most of this last month and spend as much time with her as possible. I know that this decision is the best for her so I can't be too upset but I won't deny that I will miss her terribly. Thank goodness I'm going home in September for a month because with Susanna gone and Stephane away in Australia for 3 months it would be pretty lonely here in Tel Aviv! Thank goodness my sister is now here though :-) 

And lastly, Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my big move to Israel and I can honestly say it has been the best decision of my life. It is said that when you fall in love you fall in love with your whole heart for better and for worse, and falling in love is exactly what happened between me and this beautiful country. Everyday I'm finding myself more and more, I have met the most incredible people, have wonderful experiences almost daily, and couldn't be happier to call this place my home. Life is pretty great :-) 

Until we meet again <3,
Jordana Simone










No comments:

Post a Comment