Sunday, September 9, 2012

9/9/12: Tell The World That I'm Coming Home!




As I finishing packing my suitcase for my 6 week long trip to California I can't help but getting nervous, excited butterflies about my trip home; a trip that might be my last one for quite some time upon my arrival back home to Israel. I won't deny that I am extremely sad to be leaving home for so long, especially over the high holidays where there is nothing more special than being in Israel, but I am very grateful to be able to spend some much needed quality time with my family (especially over the holidays). As much as my parents and grandparents will probably not be happy to hear, the member of my family I am most excited to see (and consequently the only one who can't talk on the phone or use skype) is this beautiful baby pictured below!







I am just so excited to have canine companionship again I can hardly contain myself! And even though my so-called brother only really pays considerable attention to me when I am eating food (thank you mom for overfeeding him :-p) I still can't wait to see this little man!!

Case and point! 

To be quite honest there is nothing like a visit back home to see your family. As Stephane reminded me the other night, friends, boyfriends, acquaintances, and people you think might be around forever can leave in a second, but family is there always and forever! I won't deny that I'm very excited for a few weeks in the comforts of home with my whole family who I haven't seen in a very long time! And lucky for me I have not 1 but 3 homes to go to when I'm back in California :-)




Not to mention I get my mom, dad, step mom, sister, grandparents, and hopefully my uncle, who I can't wait to bug for 6 weeks before I ship myself back to the Middle East :-) I hope they can handle it since it's been a long time since I have been at home for this long! And of course I can't wait to see all of my friends from home! It has been far too long.

My Bubby and Zayde!

Mommy and me! 

The best Uncle in the world! 

Daddy and me! 

My grandma Muzzy and me! 

Daddy and Step Momma! 

However, despite my excitement at going home I can't even describe how much I will miss Israel. My life here, my friends here, my sister, my crazy roommates, and a million more things that have made this place completely and totally my home. However, a break is never a bad thing and the greatest part about this all is that after 6 wonderful weeks with my family I will come home to a house full of roommates, lots of crazy Tel Aviv stories from my sister, and, the most exciting, the return of Stephane from Australia. Not that I have anything against Australia (per se), I'm sure it's a lovely country, but it has enjoyed him for long enough. Come the end of October I will be too happy to have him back in the same city as me!


Until we meet again! From California :-)

Jordana Simone





No comments:

Post a Comment